Re: I upgraded from jessie to stretch and messed up I used the dist-upgrade command....

On Sat, 04 Jul 2015 07:51:43 -0500 John Hasler sent:

> Lisi writes:
> > Why are you mixing apt-get and aptitude in this rather strange way?
> > Is there a reason?
>
> "apt-get update" and "aptitude update" do *exactly* the same thing.

But he is not doing the same thing, he is doing:

[quote]

apt-get update and aptitude safe-upgrade etc.

[end quote]

I don't think "apt-get safe-upgrade" is possible [apt-get safe-upgrade
E: Invalid operation safe-upgrade]

He/she obviously likes the "safe-upgrade" option because it sounds
safe. Like nothing will break maybe?

Charlie

--
	Registered Linux User:- 329524

	The Great Way is not difficult for those who have no
	preferences. --Sengstan Third Zen Patriarch

	Debian GNU/Linux - Magic indeed.