Re: Installing glibc-2.21 on debian-8

On Fri, Jul 3, 2015 at 3:12 PM, Sven Hartge <sven@svenhartge.de> wrote:
Dhiraj Bhor <dhirajbhor21@gmail.com> wrote:

> $] wget http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/glibc/glibc-2.21.tar.xz
> $] tar xf glibc-2.21.tar.xz
> $] mkdir glibc-test
> $] cd glibc-test
> $] ../glibc-2.21/configure --prefix=/usr

You do know that installing your own glibc over the one supplied by
Debian in the same path will most likely destroy your system.

If you do this to observe the effects of overwriting the system glibc
without proper prepartion, then all is fine.

If not, then please describe what you are trying to accomplish.

Grüße,
Sven.

For my work requirement i need to build my project with latest glibc.
Yes i do understand that this can crash the system and i read some documents but i am not getting success.
I have tried installing with --prefix=$HOME/objdir/ but no success. I have got segmentation fault every time. (and reverted the machine to previous working snapshot and tried again)

Dhiraj