Re: [SOLVED]NFS problems

On Thursday 02 July 2015 20:24:25 Lisi Reisz wrote:
> On Thursday 02 July 2015 19:55:01 Nitpicking wrote:
> > On Thu 02 Jul 2015 at 13:25:42 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > > Yup, I had forgotten to add it to /etc/fstab.  Duh.  Please don't
> > > revoke my linux drivers license ;-)
> >
> > We will overlook it this time, Action is generally taken in the case
> > of litigants claiming memory deficiency and submitting the plea with
> > a missing apostrophe and substituting an "s" for a "c".
> >
> > Don't let it happen again.
>
> As for license, he is an American. poor man.  He can't help it.  I plead
> mitigating circumstances, m'lud.

I have discovered that this needs explaining.  Sorry.

On this side of the pond we have two words, a NOUN "licence" and a
VERB "license".  On that side of the pond there is just one word, license,
which does double duty.

"Everyone" knows that the Americans can't spell colour; so I thought
that "everyone" knew that Americans can't spell Driving Licence.

Lisi