Mixing 4 audio sources

This is semi off-topic as it's partly a hardware question, but I don't
really know a better place to ask.

I have a hardware mixer on my desk to connect four sources of audio to
one pair of headphones. It's breaking, I need replacement, and I also
would like to free up the desk space it's taking, so I'm thinking about
mixing on my PC.
Is there a way to change what the jacks on my sound card do? Can I
somehow use 3 of the jacks as line-in while there is only 1 jack labeled
line-in? My Windows PC can do that with a peace of software that comes
with Realtek's driver, but I have no idea if that is a software or a
hardware feature, if Debian has the tools to do that as well, and if
only specific sound cards are capable of that. If it's possible, how do
I do it?

lspci identifies my current sound card as "C-Media Electronics Inc
CMI8738/CMI8768 PCI Audio (rev 10)", but I'd be fine with buying a new
one if that would help.