Re: Light web browser for old PC

On 07/02/2015 02:25 PM, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
Displaying images or not has very few things related to the browser heavyness
and celerity/velocity.  What the OP asked for is a lightweitght browser
(memory footprint) and potentially velocity in rendering pages (CPU cycle
usage).
I thought downloading images slowed down a lot...

If downloading images slows down, then it is the download which is slow. Not the browser.

Thanks to listers for all the suggestions.  But with Dillo, Lynx, w3m, Netsurf,
with all of them I have the same problem: I can't access my e-mail account on
www.libero.it: when I try to, I'm redirected on the previous page.  Please
anybody knows why and how to fix that?

Change the user agent of the browser your using to match some Firefox one.
Check http://whatsmyuseragent.com/CommonUserAgents