Re: Light web browser for old PC

On 02/07/2015, Wilko Fokken <wfokken@web.de> wrote:
> In the past times, depending on a serial modem for internet access,
> I preferred Opera, because it allows to switch ANY graphics OFF // ON
> through simple menu buttons:

A problem with the opera web browser, that causes me to avoid using
recent versions, and to avoid updating, and, to recommend against
installing it, is the inclusion of the malware named speed dial, and,
the obsession of the opera staff, with preventing users from disabling
the malware that is named speed dial.

As soon as someone finds how to disable speed dial, the opera people
prevent speed dial from being disabled in the next version.

So, for a web browser that is efficient, I suggest lynx.

And, I recommend against installing opera.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."