Re: Light web browser for old PC

On 01/07/15 16:21, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
> Hi all the listers.
>
> I have an old Hyundai Notebook too slow for Gnome, in fact I installed openbox
> as Window Manager in it and am happy with it and think I'll be using it for
> good, so simple fast and essential as it is.  As web browser, Midori was
> claimed to be light, but I see almost no difference with Firefox.

What are the specs of this machine?  I haven't tried Chromium, but on
one old laptop (PII 300MHz, 160MB RAM) I tried installing Firefox 35.

Out of the box config on Firefox had the thing rattling its swap
constantly.  There were some options that I could tweak that made it a
little better, but not by much, it was still as slow as a 5-day Ashes test.

I'm not sure if Webkit would fare better, I could dig up those settings
if you're interested.
--
Stuart Longland (aka Redhatter, VK4MSL)

I haven't lost my mind...