Re: System freeze with multiple ttys in Debian Jessie

On 2015-07-01 20:50, Elimar Riesebieter wrote:
* August Karlstrom <fusionfile@gmail.com> [2015-07-01 08:30 +0200]:

I run Debian 8.1. With X-Windows running in tty1, if I login on tty2
(without X) and then logout, instead of seeing the tty2 login prompt the
system switches to tty1 and X freezes; I cannot move the mouse, not even
switch to a different tty. The only keyboard command that seems to work is
Ctrl-Alt-Delete. Has anyone experienced this?

How did you managed to run X from tty1?

With the startx command. As far as I understand, systemd uses the same tty for X.

-- August