Re: looking for a sound waveform viewer, but not audacity for reasons explained

On Wed, 1 Jul 2015, Joe wrote:

...it could be used if there was nothing better, and it may offer features which the OP 'didn't know he needed'.

Speaking of the OP, has he been seen in these here parts since the thread began? I've been wanting to ask him why he wants to view sound waveforms.

My spidey sense has been telling me that if we knew the answer to that question, then maybe this whole um discussion might take on a refreshing new demeanor, as in, say,

"Simply gazing at a visual representation of a sound wave is ordinarily a quite unremarkable experience, unless the fine arts of _measurement_ are introduced, in which case, however, what's needed, ideally, is a DC oscilloscope."

(Yes, such tools can be "emulated" by a computer, but why settle for emulation?)

Oh well.

--
These are not the droids you are looking for.