Re: a simpler printing question

On Wed, 1 Jul 2015 19:21:36 +0100
Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:

> You don't have best of experiences with printing, do you?

true.

CUPS is, theoretically, a wonderful thing, as long as CUPS has a native driver for your printer.

i believe that my previous brother (HL-1440) did, not that i didn't have trouble setting it up, but it was much more reasonable.

> I feel you've had your money's worth out of our interactions. You appear
> to happy with what you have so stick with it.

i'm going to have to be happy with what i have whether i like it or not.

clearly the gtk-2.0 interface works as proven by iceweasel and claws-mail, it's too bad that evince seems to be having problems.

my searches reveal that others have had similar problems with evince, so i suspect that something about the way it's supporting printing is buggy.  the fact that it comes up with this "port1" printer choice which doesn't seem to exist, is not a good sign.

Brian