Re: RAID b/w GPT and NON GPT partition.

Gary Dale <garydale@torfree.net> wrote:
> On 01/07/15 10:39 AM, Sven Hartge wrote:
>> Gary Dale <garydale@torfree.net> wrote:

>>> Agreed. I remember having a 100M /boot partition which was always
>>> running out of space if I didn't remove old kernels manually.
>> Attention: The bios_grub (EF02) partition ist NOT for /boot! This
>> partition has _nothing_ to do with /boot. The bios_grub partition is
>> only needed for a tiny tiny bit of the bootloader GRUB, in most cases
>> smaller than 32KBytes.

> No one said it was. I've been very clear in use ef02 for the bios boot
> and /boot for the Linux boot. The point was that people used to
> recommend a separate /boot partition of perhaps 100M because the
> kernel would never get that big. It's better to give yourself lots of
> space and forget about it than to try to save a few M on a terabyte
> drive.

I (and the thread before me) was always talking about bios_grub(EF02).
/boot is a whole other thing.

My recommendation: you don't need a separate /boot anymore unless you do
full-image-encryption, so don't bother using one. But everything inside
of / without using /boot on its file system and you will be fine.

Grüße,
Sven.

--
Sigmentation fault. Core dumped.