Re: RAID b/w GPT and NON GPT partition.

On 01/07/15 10:39 AM, Sven Hartge wrote:
Gary Dale <garydale@torfree.net> wrote:
On 30/06/15 07:04 PM, Lisi Reisz wrote:
On Tuesday 30 June 2015 23:30:46 Sven Hartge wrote:
Wow. 100MB for a bios_grub partition wastes about 99.8MB.
Which used to matter.  But out of 2T???
Agreed. I remember having a 100M /boot partition which was always
running out of space if I didn't remove old kernels manually.
Attention: The bios_grub (EF02) partition ist NOT for /boot! This
partition has _nothing_ to do with /boot. The bios_grub partition is
only needed for a tiny tiny bit of the bootloader GRUB, in most cases
smaller than 32KBytes.

Grüße,
S°

No one said it was. I've been very clear in use ef02 for the bios boot and /boot for the Linux boot. The point was that people used to recommend a separate /boot partition of perhaps 100M because the kernel would never get that big. It's better to give yourself lots of space and forget about it than to try to save a few M on a terabyte drive.