Re: RAID b/w GPT and NON GPT partition.

Gary Dale a écrit :
> On 30/06/15 02:17 PM, Pascal Hambourg wrote:
>>
>>> What I would do is shrink partition 5 by 100M then create a new ef02
>>> partition in the freed space.
>>
>> Why on earth would you want to do such a dangerous and useless thing ?
>> As I wrote in a previous message, there is plenty of free space on the
>> disk to create a new BIOS boot partition of suitable size.
>
> There is, but 2048 sectors is only 1M.

As previously written, 1 MB is plenty enough for a BIOS boot partition.
 It is not an EFI system partition nor /boot. It just contains GRUB's
core image for BIOS. The current size of this image is less than 50 kB
in the worst case, and I don't see it grow bigger than 1 MB any time
soon because it is also designed to fit in the 1 MB MBR gap for
MBR-style disks. GRUB's fancy and heavy stuff is kept out of the core
image, in /boot/grub or other places.

Besides, as previously written, there is a 500 GB unallocated space at
the end of the 2 TB disk so there is really really no need to shrink
anything.