Re: clock losing time after a reboot with HP ZBook G2

On 2015-06-30 18:15:18 -0400, Gary Dale wrote:
> Is your cmos battery still providing power?

The machine is new, so it should. The machine was also constantly on
AC power.

> Either that or your hardware clock could be broken or very
> inaccurate.

If it loses 15 seconds just the time of a reboot, it's more than an
inaccuracy.

> The NTP daemon keeps the system time in sync with whatever time
> source you are using but the hardware clock only gets set when you
> shut down unless you run something to set it more often.

Could there be a bug here?

Note that I do not get always "ntp engine exiting" / "Terminating"
messages in the log. So, there may something broken in the shutdown
procedure. What do you think?