Re: Flash update

On Thu 25 Jun 2015 at 22:35:08 +0100, Lisi Reisz wrote:

> On Thursday 25 June 2015 20:54:55 Brian wrote:
> > On Thu 25 Jun 2015 at 20:06:47 +0100, Lisi Reisz wrote:
>
> > > And do you know a way - any way, however closed source - to play 4OD in
> > > Debian?  I suspect that purge iceweasel and install Firefox might help.
> >
> > I suspect Iceweasel or Firefox will make no difference. After all, they
> > are the same program.
>
> Nonetheless, Iceweasel on Jessie doesn't work, at least for me; and Firefox on
> Ubuntu does, at least for one person I know.   Pipelight has been correctly
> installed in both cases.  But I imagine that the version matters.  Iceweasel
> 31 to Firefox 38.

It doesn't matter what the versions are because the browser is not your
problem.

Without pipelight: the Channel 4 site offers a streaming service; it
uses DRM. But those nice people at Adobe have something to say to Debian
users:

  https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/flash-player-11-problems-playing.html

There is a ppa for Ubuntu; the Wheezy packages probably will not do
because there has to be some patching. hal-info. libhal1, libhal-storage
and hal can be downloaded and installed with 'dpkg -i'.