Re: troubling ppa's

On 06/25/2015 11:02 PM, Brian wrote:
On Thu 25 Jun 2015 at 15:02:12 +0200, notoneofmyseeds wrote:

On 06/23/2015 02:24 PM, mudongliang wrote:
You should change the source file generated by ppa !
And this too, I've tried to do, but don't know how, or can't. Any
ideas you can help. Here are my latest ppa issues:

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/bit-team/stable/ubuntu/dists/jessie/main/binary-i386/Packages
404  Not Found

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/stebbins/handbrake-releases/ubuntu/dists/jessie/main/binary-i386/Packages
404  Not Found

E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or
old ones used instead.
Put

   http://ppa.launchpad.net/bit-team/stable/ubuntu/dists/jessie/main/binary-i386/

as the address in a browser. Not happy? Remove the "binary-i386/".
Happier? Carry on removing bits until content. Construct a deb line in
the sources.list from your findings.
I once do the things like you !But it is so boring, so I try to find the trick! I find the ubuntu is unchanged whatever software is! So I try to change the codename to
the stable version of ubuntu! When I change it to "trusty" ,it worked!

So the ppa is a big problem in Debian! It only supports ubuntu , not Debian!
In the speech of Debian leader, he is going to handle this problem!
I hope it will work!
    - mudongliang