Re: troubling ppa's

On 06/25/2015 09:02 PM, notoneofmyseeds wrote:
On 06/23/2015 02:24 PM, mudongliang wrote:
You should change the source file generated by ppa !
And this too, I've tried to do, but don't know how, or can't. Any ideas you can help. Here are my latest ppa issues:

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/bit-team/stable/ubuntu/dists/jessie/main/binary-i386/Packages 404 Not Found

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/stebbins/handbrake-releases/ubuntu/dists/jessie/main/binary-i386/Packages 404 Not Found E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

The major question is ubuntu + jessie! Jessie is not a codename of ubuntu! The launchpad maybe only used in the ubuntu! So what you should do is to change the jessie to "trusty" (a codename for ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS) !
Don't try to change ubuntu to debian , I have tried it! And it failed!
This can help you to install those software packages!

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... Done
  vdpau-va-driver vlc vlc-nox vlc-plugin-notify vlc-plugin-samba
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 5 not upgraded.
W: Duplicate sources.list entry http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ jessie/main i386 Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.de.debian.org_debian_dists_jessie_main_binary-i386_Packages)
About this warning , you should check all your list files! Some two list files have the same mirror inside! Change it and update it!
    - mudongliang

Thanks a lot.