Re: troubling ppa's

On 06/25/2015 09:26 PM, Lisi Reisz wrote:
On Thursday 25 June 2015 14:13:45 notoneofmyseeds wrote:
On 06/23/2015 02:24 PM, mudongliang wrote:
I have met it before ! The list file generated by ppa is not right!
And it mixed debian with ubuntu!
You should change the source file generated by ppa !
Sorry guys, and if it's in ppa via launchpad, this means those of us not
using Ubuntu cannot install packages in launchpad? This is driving me up
the wall right this minute. So frustrating.
We Debian users can install Debian packages.  Ubuntu users can install Ubuntu
packages.  You have to decide which distro you are using!
I once installed sublime ,java and so on in my computer in ppa via launchpad!
The following is the content of my webupd8team-sublime-text-2-stretch.list!

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/webupd8team/sublime-text-2/ubuntu trusty main
# deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/webupd8team/sublime-text-2/ubuntu trusty main

What I said before is that this ppa via launchpad thinks your system is ubuntu by default! So it only records your system's codename -- "Jessie" and apply it to ubuntu!
Clearly, ubuntu does not have this codename, so error happens!

I change the "jessie/stretch" to "trusty" by myself! So the url will be right to download software!
So I can install sublime text from the ppa!

    - mudongliang
Lisi