Re: Flash update

On 06/25/2015 05:35 PM, Lisi Reisz wrote:
On Thursday 25 June 2015 20:54:55 Brian wrote:
On Thu 25 Jun 2015 at 20:06:47 +0100, Lisi Reisz wrote:
On Thursday 25 June 2015 19:21:07 Brian wrote:
I have (or claimed
to have) some competence with using iplayer without flash.

Could you let the rest of us into the secret??

What secret? (He says disingenously).

Sorry, thick of me.  How could I, even for one moment, suppose that someone as
open and honest as you patently are could possibly have a secret. ;-)

And do you know a way - any way, however closed source - to play 4OD in
Debian?  I suspect that purge iceweasel and install Firefox might help.

I suspect Iceweasel or Firefox will make no difference. After all, they
are the same program.

Nonetheless, Iceweasel on Jessie doesn't work, at least for me; and Firefox on
Ubuntu does, at least for one person I know.   Pipelight has been correctly
installed in both cases.  But I imagine that the version matters.  Iceweasel
31 to Firefox 38.

And I'm desperate for something, anything, else to try!  I can't get Film Four
at all because we can't get full Freeview.  (Surrounding hills and a poorish
signal.)  It's telling me to disable my (non-existent) adblocker.  I even
installed an adblocker specially so that I could disable it, but no joy. :-(
It's not that I want to see many of the films, but I can't get any.

Lisi, I am on highesNet which is equally crappy. But, if you could email a link privately, I will check it out for you. I have almost all of my audio/video applications in Firefox set to open in VLC, except that #$%^& flash. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html