Re: Connecting laptop to internet via cell network

On Thursday 25 June 2015 21:08:04 Richard Owlett wrote:
> Lisi Reisz wrote:

> >> Thanks for the link.
> >> I should have made it clearer that using a "smart" phone is not
> >> acceptable.
> >
> > You mean this kind of thing, don't you?
> > https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=usb+wifi+dongle&oq=usb+wifi+dongle&aqs=
> >chrome..69i57.5603j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8#q=usb+4g+dongle
> >
> > Lisi
>
> Quoting myself:
>    "Where might I find info on what works cleanly with Debian."
>                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^!
>
> Visiting vendorS' websites and brick-n-mortar locationS I can
> find many references to using with Windows(tm) &/or Apple(tm).
> I'm much more interested in using with *DEBIAN*!

Yes, we know that.  We aren't so thick that we could possibly have missed it.
And not all of us are deaf, so there's no need to shout.

Do you or don't you want help?  If so, you need to be less negative and start
trying to co-operate with people.  The first thing to establish is what kind
of gadget you want.  You say you don't want a smart-phone.  But lots of
things aren't smartphones.  What ***DO*** you want.  See I can shout too.

Lisi