Re: Connecting laptop to internet via cell network

Sven Arvidsson wrote:
On Thu, 2015-06-25 at 09:06 -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:
I'm looking for a USB modem for cell network (preferred) or a
WiFi hot spot (minimally acceptable).

Where might I find info on what works cleanly with Debian.
I'm in a medium size city in SW Missouri (multiple carriers
available).
Other usage will be along interstates in eastern U.S.

Try http://www.draisberghof.de/usb_modeswitch/

The links from that URL should prove very educational.
I've got a couple days of reading to do ;)

and see if you can find a device in this list
http://www.draisberghof.de/usb_modeswitch/device_reference.txt