Re: Can't Write to dvdrw Device - Thanks, Now I Understand

On 06/25/2015 04:07 PM, Sven Arvidsson wrote:
The ogg files are all audio files playable with ogg123. The
description
of Brasero says it is capable of coverting on the fly musical play
lists
of all formats supported by GStreamer.

I just put a CD-R disc in the drive and Brasero did switch the burn
line
from brasero.cue to Blank CD-R disc: 36 minutes of free space. Since
the
project estimated size is 48.18 minutes this wont work. That's why I
wanted to use a dvd disk.  It is interesting that when I inserted the

dvd disk Brasero asked to have a suitable cd or dvd disc inserted.
The
drive explicitly says it can write DVD±R/±RW discs but perhaps
Brasero
can only write CD-R and DVD-R discs. I'll have to get one and check
it out.
I think you misunderstand.

You are trying to create an audio CD, playable in a stereo. Brasero can
convert digital files and make a cd. But AFAIK you can't make an audio
DVD. If you buy music on a DVD it is digital files.

When Brasero says 36 minutes of free space, it means that's what's left
free on the disk, of the 74/80 or whatever minutes that fit on a CD-R.

Got it.  In my various attempts I must have picked up a partially used cd.
After a few selections were deleted to reduce the play list to 39 minutes
Brasero burnt the cd with no problems.

Thanks