Re: Can't Write to dvdrw Device - Update

> The ogg files are all audio files playable with ogg123. The
> description
> of Brasero says it is capable of coverting on the fly musical play
> lists
> of all formats supported by GStreamer.
>
> I just put a CD-R disc in the drive and Brasero did switch the burn
> line
> from brasero.cue to Blank CD-R disc: 36 minutes of free space. Since
> the
> project estimated size is 48.18 minutes this wont work. That's why I
> wanted to use a dvd disk.  It is interesting that when I inserted the
>
> dvd disk Brasero asked to have a suitable cd or dvd disc inserted.
> The
> drive explicitly says it can write DVD±R/±RW discs but perhaps
> Brasero
> can only write CD-R and DVD-R discs. I'll have to get one and check
> it out.

I think you misunderstand.

You are trying to create an audio CD, playable in a stereo. Brasero can
convert digital files and make a cd. But AFAIK you can't make an audio
DVD. If you buy music on a DVD it is digital files.

When Brasero says 36 minutes of free space, it means that's what's left
free on the disk, of the 74/80 or whatever minutes that fit on a CD-R.

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson