Can't Write to dvdrw Device

In Gnome/drives the device is reported as Read Only

The installed sata dvdrw drive is listed in fstab and /dev/sr0 and as type udf,iso9600

I did not make this entry in fstab but I have tried modifiying it from user,noauto to rw,user,noauto which has no effect. I also found entries in /media for cdrom with permissions l777 linked to cdrom0 with permissions d755 which I changed to d777. This change also has had no effect.

So Gnome programs wont write to the device and from a console wodim can't find it because /dev/sr0 is not a designation for a scsi device.

Where did the identification sr0 come from and how can I change it?

Tom