Re: Connecting laptop to internet via cell network

Consider to use almost any Android (and not only) cell for this. The hotspot function works also between USB and the cell networks.
Check with your cell provider about the cost when you will travel and connect to another provider (roaming).

About Debian you can find some info here https://wiki.debian.org/Android_Tethering

More on request from my local LUG.

--
Fab

I'm looking for a USB modem for cell network (preferred) or a WiFi hot spot (minimally acceptable).

Where might I find info on what works cleanly with Debian.
I'm in a medium size city in SW Missouri (multiple carriers available).
Other usage will be along interstates in eastern U.S.