Re: Flash update

On Thursday 25 June 2015 08:57:12 Sven Arvidsson wrote:
> I'm not going to bend over backwards and pay for a subscription just to
> help you find out how to use iplayer without Flash when you could do so
> yourself.

No, he couldn't.  You know that thing called DRM?  The BBC has created extra
unnecessary ineffective hoops for us to jump through, having had to give in
and let non-Windows licence payers use iPlayer at all.  They are currently
deliberately causing problems for downloads on non-Windows computers using
get-iplayer.

You don't need to bend over backwards.  But nor do you need to be so superior.
We Brits exist, much as many wish that we didn't.  You have not found an
alternative to Flash for iPlayer.  There is, as you say, no reason why you
should.  But you could be polite about it.  And your original snide remark
about dirty foreigners was quite unnecessary.

Lisi