Re: Flash update

On 24/06/15 08:28 AM, The Wanderer wrote:
On 06/24/2015 at 07:56 AM, Sheepherd wrote:

Hi Rob

On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 1:32 PM, Rob van der Putten <rob@sput.nl> wrote:

Hi there

Sven Arvidsson wrote:

  Or consider making do without it. :)
Any alternatives?
I hate flash!
The only alternative is GNASH afaik, but I don't think its still
being actively developed.
http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/gnash/
There's also Lightspark, which is in alpha / experimental status, but is
available in Debian; I have it installed, though I haven't tried it out
in some time.

browser-plugin-lightspark is the package to install if you want to give
it a try. You may need to play around with update-alternatives to get it
to be the active Flash implementation, and of course if you install or
activate it while Iceweasel is running it won't take effect until the
browser is restarted.

I've also used Shumway at work (under Windows); it doesn't have broad
enough compatibility yet to be really viable for everything, but it
works surprisingly well for many basic things. You don't need an
experimental Firefox build for it, you just need to grab the add-on from
its development site rather than going through AMO.

Lightspark actually uses gnash-common to run.