Re: Gnome-terminal in Mate, How? (more info. and questions)

On Wed, 2015-06-24 at 19:33 -0600, Paul E Condon wrote:

> What is a shortcut in the context of Mate/Gnome?
> No errors are reported to me the user.

So how do you launch gnome-terminal? What happens when you open mate
-terminal and type "gnome-terminal"?

I don't use MATE, but I'm sure there is documentation and hits on
Google for adding custom shortcuts to the menu, or keyboard shortcuts
if you prefer.

> > You might also try removing the mate terminal and setting gnome
> > -terminal as the default.
>
> I don't know how to remove mate terminal or how to set "gnome
> -terminal
> as default". That is a rephrasing of my original question. ;-)

Well, uninstall the mate-terminal package, set up gnome-terminal as the
default x-terminal with the Debian alternatives system.

Some Googling suggests MATE will try to launch mate-terminal then
fallback to x-terminal-emulator (from alternatives).

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson