Re: Flash update

On Wednesday 24 June 2015 19:10:46 Brian wrote:
> On Wed 24 Jun 2015 at 14:05:56 +0200, Sven Arvidsson wrote:
> > On Wed, 2015-06-24 at 13:32 +0200, Rob van der Putten wrote:
> > > Any alternatives?
> > > I hate flash!
> >
> > I simply removed it. Pretty much everyone have HTML5 players these
> > days.
>
> Does that include watching the BBC iplayer in the UK?
>
> > For the few that don't, youtube-dl usually works. The rest I happily
> > ignore.
>
> Does youtube-dl handle the BBC iplayer in the UK?
>
> > If you really need Flash for a site there are probably extensions that
> > would let you enable it on a per site basis.
>
> Which extensions (whatever they are) work with the BBC iplayer in the
> UK?
>
> I'm thinking in terms of the normal user who wants to click on something
> and watch a TV program, not someone who can write a script to achieve
> her ends.
>
> Disliking flash is ok. Removing it is not an option for most people who
> want to watch a BBC iplayer programme in the UK without taking a degree
> in scripting. :)

I think even with a degree in scripting you need flash for the BBC. ;-)

Talking of which, has anyone got 4OD running usably?  I have Pipelight, and it
will now start to run, but it then stops and demands that I turn adblocker
off.  I have no adblocker installed.  I installed adblocker in order to turn
it off, and turned it off, but that still didn't help.

Ideas?

Lisi