OS X Server Open Directory and joining Debian 8 hosts

I have two Mac's that run Open Directory services a Master/Slave setup.

I want to join my Debian 8 linux boxes to Open Directory. Are there any guides on how to do this? Any help from the community?

My searches always show how I can join my Mac to LDAP but that's not what I want to do.

While I am somewhat knowledgeable in linux, I'm not familiar with LDAP and authentication.

Thanks!