Re: Flash update

On Wed 24 Jun 2015 at 14:05:56 +0200, Sven Arvidsson wrote:

> On Wed, 2015-06-24 at 13:32 +0200, Rob van der Putten wrote:
> > Any alternatives?
> > I hate flash!
>
> I simply removed it. Pretty much everyone have HTML5 players these
> days.

Does that include watching the BBC iplayer in the UK?

> For the few that don't, youtube-dl usually works. The rest I happily
> ignore.

Does youtube-dl handle the BBC iplayer in the UK?

> If you really need Flash for a site there are probably extensions that
> would let you enable it on a per site basis.

Which extensions (whatever they are) work with the BBC iplayer in the
UK?

I'm thinking in terms of the normal user who wants to click on something
and watch a TV program, not someone who can write a script to achieve
her ends.

Disliking flash is ok. Removing it is not an option for most people who
want to watch a BBC iplayer programme in the UK without taking a degree
in scripting. :)