Re: mpsyt (mps-youtube) can't reach YT (no search hits)

Emanuel Berg wrote:
> Bob Proulx writes:
> > You didn't say what version of Debian you are using.
>
> How do I check this? 'lsb_release -a' says:
>
>     No LSB modules are available.
>     Distributor ID: Debian
>     Release:        8.0
>     Codename:       jessie

Certainly lsb_release -a is fine.  Without that I look at the contents
of /etc/debian_version where the official Debian version is stored.

  $ cat /etc/debian_version
  8.1

When I am on a foreign system I tend to also look at the release
configured in /etc/apt/sources.list too.  Because sometimes people do
non-standard things there and it gives more details.  But it is harder
to describe and document.

It looks that your system with 8.0 and not 8.1 is behind by the one
point release which was released earlier this month.

  https://www.debian.org/News/2015/20150606

It could very well be that you are current from the security
repository which is treated separately.  But AFAIK security upgrades
always assume the latest point release and are layered on top of them.

Bob