Re: CUPS set-up for the 0.01%

On Tue, 23 Jun 2015 18:18:40 +0100
Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:

> On Mon 22 Jun 2015 at 21:55:40 -0700, briand@aracnet.com wrote:
>
> > * it's possible that there's still a problem with the printer being on
> > ethernet, as of right now it's on USB (thank again Brian for that
> > suggestion).
> >
> > Thanks very much everyone for your help !
>
> I think Gary Dale's prod was a good one. You are also deserve a pat on
> the back for perservering and thinking it through for yourself.

yeah- i definitely want to get it back to ethernet.  i'll give it a try here before too long.

> I hope you do not mind but you have been transferred from the 0.01%
> group and now have 99.99% status. All past errors have been expunged
> from the record. Wear the badge with pride. :)

The problem, of course, is that there were several things going on conspiring to cause trouble.

In particular I have no idea what prompted me to check for the "other" Brother driver package since I thought I had installed them both.

And there was really nothing in the CUPS log that was at all helpful as to what the problem was.

Anyway, truly good to be in the 99.99%. lol.

Brian