Re: Dlna client and backup

notoneofmyseeds <notoneofmyseeds <at> gmx.de> writes:

> And this is precisely the issue; I want, in the event of a crash, that
> everything is restored as if nothing ever happened. I don't want to add
> ppa, run tons of apt-get install(s), search for packages, links, etc. I
> simply want to pick up where I left off before the crash. Installing all
> of the packages, etc, takes up a lot of time, and then they have to be
> configured, etc.

I know. And with those links I posted for BackInTime FAQ you don't need to
do all this by hand. PPA's and package selections are backed up. If you
backed up /etc (and restored it before restoring the package selection) you
don't need to configure them again.

But it's totally up to you. I also take full snapshots with BackInTime from
the whole system for one machine where I fiddled around a lot abroad from
packages. But IMHO on 'normal' systems it's enough to backup package
selections, config and data.

Regards,
Germar