Gnome-terminal in Mate, How?

I'm running Jessie with Mate as desktop GUI. I notice that Mate
terminal, which I use a lot, is very similar in function to
Gnome-terminal. But Mate terminal does not have the function of
repainting the text in a window when the window is resized. This is
available when I run gnome-terminal under Xfce4. How can I get that
feature in Mate? I already have Gnome-terminal installed and it
works when I boot into Xfce4, but I can't invoke it when I am
running Mate. Is this a feature, or a bug?

I like it a lot.
Best regards,
--
Paul E Condon