Re: Systemd files on a Raspberry Pi

On Monday 22 June 2015 18:30:56 shawn wilson wrote:
> On Jun 22, 2015 4:39 PM, "Dan Ritter" <dsr@randomstring.org> wrote:
[snip]
> > The next time a systemd booster tells people to leave the
> > community rather than try to fix Debian, please call them on
> > that behavior and tell them you won't stand for it.
>
> You're being sarcastic - I'm not when I say I totally agree with this
> statement - use it or leave. Train has left the station on this.
>
> (I don't have strong opinions on systemd - I run Ubuntu and Gentoo at work
> and home and another few Debian boxes at home and the Gentoo boxes don't
> have systemd. But I don't care that y'all hate or love something and I
> doubt anyone else on this list does either)

Thread jumping a bit here.  I subscribed to the list because I find systemd to
be broken enough to warrant removal as the default init system.

I wasn't here when the devs made the choice to put it in, I'm here now because
it's hitting my machines.  I'm sure I'm not the first or last to say "Systemd
is broken, it shouldn't be default init".

zmc
--
Ensis Technologies
www.ensistech.com