Re: Systemd files on a Raspberry Pi

On Jun 22, 2015 4:39 PM, "Dan Ritter" <dsr@randomstring.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 10:05:28PM +0200, Ansgar Burchardt wrote:
> > Dan Ritter <dsr@randomstring.org> writes:
> > > People only complain about systemd being a cancer if they love
> > > the Debian system otherwise.
> > [...]
> > > Remember that every time you tell people to go use something
> > > else, you are saying that they are not valued members of the
> > > community.
> >
> > I do indeed not consider people with toxic behaviour as valued members
> > of the community.  "Loving" something is *not* an excuse for such
> > behaviour.
> >
> > Short outbursts of temper I can understand, and I assume so can most
> > others, but continued abuse over a long time is not something I think we
> > should put up with. It's just damaging and drives other users and people
> > who contribute away (and this has happened already over this specific
> > behaviour).
>
> You're absolutely right.
>
> The next time a systemd booster tells people to leave the
> community rather than try to fix Debian, please call them on
> that behavior and tell them you won't stand for it.

You're being sarcastic - I'm not when I say I totally agree with this statement - use it or leave. Train has left the station on this.

(I don't have strong opinions on systemd - I run Ubuntu and Gentoo at work and home and another few Debian boxes at home and the Gentoo boxes don't have systemd. But I don't care that y'all hate or love something and I doubt anyone else on this list does either)