Re: minidlan, GMPC and MPD

On 2015-Jun-22 22:56, notoneofmyseeds wrote:
> On 06/22/2015 10:11 PM, Proxy One wrote:
> >You don't understand the concept. You can't just use GMPC. It's used to
> >>control the MPD, but it can't capture it's output (music you'd like to
> >>listen). To be able to listen that music on your laptop, you need to use
> >>some media player that can play network stream, just as you would do
> >>with internet radio station.
> OK, I finally get this. OK, now the question is; what can I use to listen to
> the music stream from MPD?

Like I said, you can use mplayer, vlc or any other player capable of
playing network stream. You can even use GMPC as explained in link I
sent if you install shout plugin. On the screenshot on that link you can
see how mplayer is used to actually play the sound. You can use command
like that outside GMPC. Just use IP of your NAS instead of localhost.

> Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
> For now, this is a local network, so I'm not so worried about security. But
> I will look at the link.
> I will post the result soon with the configuration you sent earlier, though
> I need something now to test/listen with, since GMPC is not that. Any ideas?
>
> Cheers

Regards,
PO