Re: Change systemd to not be default in Stretch

On 22/06/15 20:37, Zebediah C. McClure wrote:
I think sysv is a great candidate to replace systemd.  Which system init
system is most likely to be considered to replace systemd?

Honestly? None. The entire topic caused a great deal of incendiary debate among the people who make Debian happen, and I very much doubt any of them wish to reignite that any time soon. Certainly, "go back to sysvinit" seems likely to receive *particularly* short shrift. (If you wish to understand why I say this, I suggest you read the Debian mailing list archives for the relevant period.)

This is why I mentioned Devuan, which is an alternative Linux distribution that is built on top of the good work done in Debian and which has specifically rejected systemd as the init system.

Debian - like any distro - cannot be all things to all people, after all.

Regards,
an entirely content Debian user, who thinks jessie is the best Debian release he has had the good fortune to use so far.