Re: Dlna client and backup

On 15-06-22 8:30 PM, Diogene Laerce wrote:
> As often, it depends on what you need : I use minidlna because it is not
> focused on music but can play videos and pictures as well. It functions
> easily with TVs, where I can't decide of the client.
>
> If those do not concern you, then the choice is yours.
>
> Kind regards,
I too use minidlna. The issue is there seems no client on linux that I
can use to listen to music from the server. VLC and XMBC are not real
options. The former does not work and the latter is too much, as it
includes a server.
I simply need a client on my debian box to use to listen to music from
my minidlna server. And I can't find one. This is the purpose of the thread.

Thanks