Re: Still unable to get external monitor wotking on Debian 6 - was Re: Unable to install nVidia driver on Debian 6 LTS - was - Re: How to boot without GUI

On Tue, 23 Jun 2015, Bret Busby wrote:
> The names of the applications are also in spanish.

They're just names. You're using a DE with a mouse and icons; the names
don't really matter that much.

> Is it really too much to ask, for application names to be in english?

Yes. Commands and applications need to have recognizable, unique names.
Given that we're now 40+ years into software naming, it's not that
unusual for non-english names to be chosen. Yerba mate is pretty tasty,
after all.

Debian is replete with software whose primary development occurs in
languages which are not english. As long as the command name is
transliterated into [a-z0-9]+, is unique, and is not generic, it's
perfectly fine.

[C]haos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought.
It always defeats order, because it is better organized.
 -- Terry Pratchett _Interesting Times_ p4