Re: Still unable to get external monitor wotking on Debian 6 - was Re: Unable to install nVidia driver on Debian 6 LTS - was - Re: How to boot without GUI

On Monday 22 June 2015 17:25:38 Bret Busby wrote:
> On 21/06/2015, Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Saturday 20 June 2015 18:01:41 Bret Busby wrote:
> >> mate, apart from being in spanish,
> >
> > codswallop!
> >
> > Lisi
>
> At
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MATE_(software)
> is
>
> "
> MATE (/mɑːteɪ/; Spanish pronunciation: [ˈmate]) is a desktop
> environment forked from the now-unmaintained code base of GNOME 2. It
> is named after the South American plant Yerba mate and tea made from
> the herb, mate.[3] The use of a new name, instead of GNOME, avoids
> conflicts with GNOME 3 components.

The NAME is Spanish.  The desktop is available in Spanish.  Do you have some
racial prejudice against it as a result so that you cannot even look at it
because of that?

Pity that while you were Googling you didn't find this:
http://mate-desktop.org/

But you are just a troll and it is stupid of me to answer.  You haven't got a
real problem and you don't want a solution.  You just want to rant.

Lisi