Re: Nova Desktop

Yeah, that was my understanding as well. However, with desktopnova-module-gnome installed, it doesn't change the desktop wallpaper. Everything indicates that it is working, I get no errors. When I start the daemon, it reports that it is started, and a ps command verifies that it is indeed running. But there is no effect.

I also uninstalled desktopnova and installed gbackground, which appears to be a package to perform the same function. I also has no effect on my desktop background.

I am running Jessie and gnome on an old HP Pavilion d9000 with nvidia graphics (nouveau driver). I'm really mystified as to why this doesn't work.

On 06/21/2015 08:19 AM, Curt wrote:
On 2015-06-18, Tom Ashley <tomashleyjr@gmail.com> wrote:
I have no experience with the package but noticed the following in the
description supplied by aptitude: "There is at least one module needed.
Without a module this package will not work as expected! See packages
desktopnova-module-*. "

The app works with either Gnome or Xfce and requires the corresponding
module, depending on which of former you're running (you are running one
of the former, are you not?)

desktopnova-module-gnome - GNOME module for DesktopNova
desktopnova-module-xfce - Xfce module for DesktopNova

At least that's my understanding.

--
JM