Re: Systemd files on a Raspberry Pi

Hi,

By default it boots by /sbin/init.  Actually it reads "/boot/cmdline" to boot.  It generally points to init system defined on entry "append init=/sbin/init".

But... systemd made my raspbian unusable.  Even reboot failed cause some dependency wasn't match.

I installed sysvinit instead and pointed init to that on /boot/cmdline.

Unfortunately some Debian packages force the usage of systemd.  The good side is most of them don't affect general usage.

On my Raspberry Pi, locate finds me a shitload of systemd files; yet ps aux -A | grep systemd does not show anything.

Does this mean I can get rid of all those systemd files, to clear some space on the storage memory card ?

Cheers,

Ron.
--
 Sodd's Second Law:
 Sooner or later, the worst possible set of circumstances is bound to occur.