Re: Re: ThinkPad R51 creeping segmentation faults

On Fri, 2015-06-19 at 11:55 -0700, Paul Ausbeck wrote:
> for emacs23, or at least I can't find any. I'm not yet ready to install
> emacs24 because I have some confidence that the problem won't occur with
> emacs24,  just as it doesn't occur with my built emacs23. But I'll still
> have the problem so I'm going to keep the native emacs23 for a bit
> longer to see if I can come up with a more general solution.

Oh, my mistake then, you are running wheezy?
I guess it didn't have -dbg for emacs back then.

> seem to indicate some significant differences. Just for posterity,
> does
> anyone have any insight into how one can build the identical Debian
> binary to that installed?

How did you build it, from upstream source? Debian might add patches
and use different configuration options.

Even so, it's not really a guarantee for an identical binary, and I'm
guessing that compiling and stripping debug info, (to later load it
with gdb) might also interfere.

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson