Re: Still unable to get external monitor wotking on Debian 6 - was Re: Unable to install nVidia driver on Debian 6 LTS - was - Re: How to boot without GUI

On 20/06/2015, Curt <curty@free.fr> wrote:
> On 2015-06-19, Bret Busby <bret.busby@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Didn't we already go through this once with you in a long, protracted,
>>> confused and confusing thread, the exact same issue, not too long ago?
>>
>> As I have, I believe, previously mentioned, I have been trying for
>> about two years, now, to get Debian working on this computer, so that
>> it can work with the external monitor.
>>
>> The status of Debian Linux, with the computer, is that it is  partly
>> functional, like some printers are apparently partly functional with
>> Linux.
>
> The status of Debian Squeeze, you mean.

As has has been previously mentioned, it applies equally with Debian 7.

I had been trying for most of the last couple of years, to get it
working with Debian 7.

Because Debian 6 worked with another laptop of the same brand, with an
nvidia geforce gt device, I tried that on this computer.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."