forcedeth driver - bug?

Installing Jessie 8.1.0 on an Asrock N68-VGS3 FX motherboard. This has "Giga PHY RTL8211CL" ethernet, which lspci reports as:
"00:07.0 Bridge: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 Ethernet (rev a2)"

It uses the forcedeth driver module, which seems to need parameters
"msi=0 msix=0" to work. If I blacklist the driver, I can load it with "modprobe forcedeth msi=0 msix=0" and all is fine. However, it needs this after every reboot and I have not found a way to successfully load the module automatically. Loaded automatically it
a) cannot connect to the network, and
b) locks the system solid if I try to unload it!

Is there some way over this problem or is this a bug? If a bug, who should know about it?

Note: the same behaviour in my Wheezy (not surprising when it is the same version of driver module), but I had hoped it would be fixed in Jessie.

Bruce
--
Bruce Ward, Nelson, New Zealand