Re: OpenSSL squeeze - support TLS 1.2

On Tue, Jun 02, 2015 at 02:26:59PM +0200, For@ll wrote:

Hi,

> It's possible to upgrade in squeeze openssl to 1.0.x versiob, because I have
> one client with this debian version who need support TLS 1.2.
> Now I have only 0.9.8 openssl.

I'd recommend to update to jessie instead of trying to bringt decent
openssl to that release. I assume compiling and installing to /usr/local or
/opt shouldn't be an issue. Then you've to link your software with the TLS 1.2
requirement against this copy of openssl. If you really need it, that could be
a way to go.

Keep in mind that LTS support for squeeze will also run out at some point in a
not too distant future.

Sven