Re: Laptop automatically sleeps on lid close in Jessie

On 04/26/2015 06:57 PM, Peter Ley wrote:
> I recently upgraded to Jessie to fix another problem I posted about on
> the list, and it went swimmingly (much to my relief as I'd never
> performed a dist-upgrade before).
>
> Now when I close my laptop lid, it automatically goes to sleep, which
> would be fine except it has never been able to recover from sleep. It
> didn't do this until I upgraded. I tried removing the pm-utils package
> which had been left over from last time I tried to get sleep working,
> but it still does it. How do I stop this behavior?

Edit /etc/systemd/logind.conf and set:

HandleLidSwitch=ignore

That will prevent the laptop from suspending when the lid is closed.

If you don't want logind handling ACPI events at all, see the following
comment in the release notes:

https://www.debian.org/releases/jessie/amd64/release-notes/ch-information.en.html#idp943504

Christian