Re: How to bypass login screen in Jessie?

On Tuesday 21 April 2015 16:35:18, German wrote :
> hi. I'd like to bypass the login screen and boot straight to LXDE desktop.
> How do I accomplish this? I am the only user on this system. Thanks

It depends on the Display Manager started during boot. Some of the biggest
players support autologin (kdm or gdm). Others don't (xdm).

The simplest display manager I know of with autologin is nodm.

I never tried to start LXDE but I use it to start OpenBox without login
prompt. The user to autologin is defined in /etc/default/nodm (not sure about
the exact file name as the system running it is currently powered off).

Frederic